Management of Technology
The Objective of the course is to expose students to the importance of technology in conduct of business and its skillful management for optimum results.
*Students need Discounting Table and Statistical Table to solve problem
1. The Process of Technological Innovation: The Need for a Conceptual Approach, Technological Innovation as a Conversion Process, Factors Contributing to Successful Technological Innovation.
2. Strategies For Research and Development: R&D as A Business, Resource Allocation to R&D, R&D Strategy In the Decision Making Process, Selection and Implementation of R&D Strategy, R and D and Competitive Advantage, New Product Development.
3. Creativity and Problem Solving: The Creative Process, Creative Individuals, Main Characteristics, Techniques For Creative Problem Solving.
4. Financial Evaluation of Research and Development Projects: The Need For Cost Effectiveness, R&D Financial Forecasts, Risk as a Factor In Financial Analysis, Project Selection Formulae, Allocation of Resources, DCF and Other Techniques of evaluating R&D ventures.
5. Research and Development: Programme Planning and Control, Portfolio Planning, Project Planning and Control, Project Termination, Resource Allocation and Management.
6. New Product Development: New Product Development as a Competitive Strategy, Market Research For Developing New Products, Commercialisation of Research Outcomes, Industrial Design, Product Architecture and Design For Manufacture, Developing Indigenous Substitute For Raw Materials.
7. Technological Forecasting For Decision Making: The Definition of Technological Forecasting, Forecasting System Inputs and Outputs, Classification of Forecasting Techniques, Organisation For Technological Forecasting, Current Status.
8. Transfer of Technology: Modes of technology transfer, Price of technology transfer, Negotiation for price of MOT.
Tarek Khalil, Management of Technology—The Key to Competitiveness and Wealth Creation, McGraw Hill, Boston, 2006.
V.K.Narayanan, Managing Technology and Innovation for Competitive Advantage, Pearson Education, 2006.
Norma Harrison & Danny Samson, Technology Management—Text and International Cases, McGraw-Hill International, 2005.
IGNOU Course material on Technology Management.
P.N.Rastogi, Managing Creativity, Macmillan India Ltd, 2003.
William L Miller and Longdon, Morris, Fourth Generation R & D, John Wiley & Sons Inc.
Pradip N Khandwalla: Lifelong Creativity—An Unending Fest, TMH, 2004.
Pradip N Khandwalla: Corporate Creativity, TMH, 2006.
White: The Management of Technology & Innovation Thomson,2007.