Rediff Share Bazaar Game
The Web Page
Indian portal www.rediff.com is hosting a game to provide an opportunity to people who want to trade and make money in the stock market to practice their analytical skills. It will provide a simulated environment.
- No payment is required to enter the game.
- Each player starts with Rs. 1,00,000 Rupee Points as capital money to start trading on stocks.
- The game is limited to BSE stocks only, as listed on the MoneyWiz web site. The current price (or, last traded price when markets are closed) as displayed on the MoneyWiz site will apply. Mutual Funds, and stocks from other exchanges cannot be traded.
- Players can buy or sell stocks any number of times, at any time of day or night. You may trade whether markets are open or closed.
- Players may compete as individuals, or, create (or join) Teams in order to increase their chances of winning.
- Players may join as many Teams as they wish. The Team Leader can choose to approve or deny your request to join his/her Team. Players may also invite others to join their Team.
- A Team may contain any number of players.
- The game will run for a period of 30 days. A Winner will then be declared and a new game will begin once again for a period of 30 days, and so forth.
- The Winner will be decided on the basis of the highest final total value. The final total value is determined as follows: (Value of Stocks held + Cash Available) - Initial Seed Capital. The Winner may be an individual or a Team - the decision is based purely on the highest final total value among all parties.
How To Play
- Sign up for the game by entering an email address. Next, enter your name and a password.
Take care to remember this information as you will use it to sign in to play the game in future.
- Create your portfolio by giving it a name.
You can have only one portfolio. If you join a Team then you may create an additional portfolio for every Team you are a member of.
- Search for a stock that you wish to buy.
Tip: you can use Rediff MoneyWiz for your research.
- Enter the number of shares you wish to buy.
Tip: if the price changes during your transaction you will be shown the new price.
- Every page has a blue menu bar at the top that lets you track your progress, see how others are doing, and form or join a team.
- You can increase your chances of winning by joining a Team. More the members of a Team, more the seed capital for trading.
- Do you want to add star performers to your Team? You can invite other, successful members to join your Team.
Originally posted in Knol
http://knol.google.com/k/narayana-rao/share-bazaar-game-a-game-on-indian/ 2utb2lsm2k7a/ 1047